Welcome to the official website of the Gwersyllt Community Council which we hope will be a valuable source of information about the authority and the community it serves.
As work on the site progresses, all agendas and minutes of the Council, together with other associated documents about the workings, procedures and business of the Council, will be available.
- NW ARMA Report and Terms of Reference
- We are Macmillan Cancer Support - Drop In Session
- Gwersyllt and Llay Areas in Bloom 2017
- Flintshire Local Voluntary Council Well Being Network
- North East Wales Well Being Network
- Wrexham Council: Tell Us How You Travel Survey
- Community Inclusion Grant
- Press Statement on Behalf of the Board of CHC's in Wales
- ALERT - Wrexham - Older Persons Mental Health Events July
- EYST All Wales BME Engagement Programme – Vacancy for PT Regional Coordinator in Wrexham: Job Description | Application Form
- Homestart - Support and friendship for families
- Health & Well-Being eBulletin
- North Wales Community Health Council – Donna Ockenden review: Older People’s Mental Health Service, North Wales - Denbighshire Dates
- North Wales Community Health Council – Donna Ockenden review: Older People’s Mental Health Service, North Wales - Flintshire Dates
- Parent Support - Gwersyllt Resource Centre
- Playday 2017 Theme Announced!
- Night Out
- Carers Information and Support Programme for people caring for a person with a diagnosis of dementia
- Wrexham Matters - What's on in the Town Centre
- Natural Resources Wales - Incidents We Do Incidents We Don't
- Pilates Classes for People with Multiple Sclerosis
- Gwersyllt Playwork Project - Holiday Play Schemes
- Ten Top Security Tips'
- Volunteer Befrienders
New Alzheimer's Society Premises
Please be informed that we are moving to new premises. From the 9th of January we will be based at Unit 2, Mold Business Park, Wrexham Road, Mold, Flintshire CH7 1XP. The main contact number for our new office will be 01352 700462.
Payments to Members of Gwersyllt Community Council - 2015/16
As required by the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales, I have set out below details of the payments made to Members of the Gwersyllt Community Council during the financial year 2015/16:
Name of Member: Councillor Bernie McCann (Chair of the Community Council)
Nature of Payment: Reimbursement of Mileage in respect of the Chair's attendance at a Welsh Government Engagement Event on the Draft Local Government (Wales) Bill held at Venue Cymru, Llandudno on Thursday, 4 February 2016.
Amount of Payment: £34.20
No other payments were made to Members of the Community Council in the financial year 2015/16.
Gwersyllt Safer Neighbourhood Team
Come and join the Gwersyllt Safer Neighbourhood Team for a cuppa and an informal chat at the Gwersyllt Community Resource Centre, Second Avenue, Gwersyllt on the first Monday of the month from 11.30a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
You can discuss any concerns you may have, ask advice about issues that matter most to you or learn more about the work of your local policing team.
All are welcome!
K2 Explorer Scout Unit
Gwersyllt Community Council recently decided to award a grant of £400.00 to the K2 Explorer Scout Unit from Wrexham in response to their application for financial assistance towards the cost of their forthcoming expedition to the Czech Republic.
The biggest explorer unit in Wrexham, K2 ESU are open to young men and women aged 14 to 18 and provide opportunities for their members to take part in various adventures and activities , including the Duke of Edinburgh's Awards Scheme and trips abroad.
During the first two weeks of August, K2 ESU will be taking 25 young people on an expedition to the Czech Republic and are now fundraising in earnest for this purpose. Noting that three young people from Gwersyllt - Owain, Tom and Matt - will be taking part in the expedition, Members of the Community Council agreed that £300.00 should be ring-fenced to help meet their costs (i.e. each to receive £100.00) with the remaining £100.00 going to K2 ESU's general funding appeal.
The Council's grant was presented to members of K2 ESU by the Chair of the Community Council, Councillor Bernie McCann, on Monday, 20 June. Councillor McCann said that the Community Council was particularly pleased to be able to help the Gwersyllt members of K2 ESU and very much hopes that the expedition proves to be a memorable and enjoyable experience for all involved.
Further information about K2 Explorer Scout Unit can be obtained via their website - www.k2esu.org.uk
Community Agents - Helping older people in Wrexham achieve a better quality of life
Community Agents are an innovative response to a recognised need that many people living in our communities are unable to connect with key services that help and maintain well-being and support their quality of life.
Community Agents work with the over 50s in Wrexham, providing easy access to a wide range of information that will enable them to make informed choices about their present and future needs. The aim is to help older people feel more independent, secure, and cared for, and to have a better quality of life. Community Agents will support people living in areas of Wrexham, bridging the gap between the local community and the statutory or voluntary organisations, and offering help or support.
They can help with the following:
- visiting the over 50s at home providing face to face information and support
- primarily supporting older people, but also anyone who may benefit
- helping individuals to make informed choices
- offering a facilitated signposting service and putting people in direct contact with the appropriate agency
Gwersyllt Community Council has appointed a Community Agent, Justine Godfrey, and she will be operating throughout the community for the benefit of older residents.
Her contact details are as follows:
Mobile: 07756 387 021
Office No. 01978 754776
If you would like to contact the Community Agent for help and advice or if you know of someone (e.g. a friend or neighbour) who may want to know more about this new service please do get in touch.