Welcome to the official website of the Gwersyllt Community Council which we hope will be a valuable source of information about the authority and the community it serves.
As work on the site progresses, all agendas and minutes of the Council, together with other associated documents about the workings, procedures and business of the Council, will be available.
- Grant Information
- Community Inclusion Grant
- The Great British Fish and Chip Supper
- Appeal for members of education panel
- Guide to Taking Part - The Queen's 90th Birthday Beacons
Community Agents - Helping older people in Wrexham achieve a better quality of life
Community Agents are an innovative response to a recognised need that many people living in our communities are unable to connect with key services that help and maintain well-being and support their quality of life.
Community Agents work with the over 50s in Wrexham, providing easy access to a wide range of information that will enable them to make informed choices about their present and future needs. The aim is to help older people feel more independent, secure, and cared for, and to have a better quality of life. Community Agents will support people living in areas of Wrexham, bridging the gap between the local community and the statutory or voluntary organisations, and offering help or support.
They can help with the following:
- visiting the over 50s at home providing face to face information and support
- primarily supporting older people, but also anyone who may benefit
- helping individuals to make informed choices
- offering a facilitated signposting service and putting people in direct contact with the appropriate agency
Gwersyllt Community Council has appointed a Community Agent, Justine Godfrey, and she will be operating throughout the community for the benefit of older residents.
Her contact details are as follows:
Mobile: 07756 387 021
Office No. 01978 754776
If you would like to contact the Community Agent for help and advice or if you know of someone (e.g. a friend or neighbour) who may want to know more about this new service please do get in touch.